- 1 What should I bring to a sprint triathlon?
- 2 Should I wear a wetsuit for a sprint triathlon?
- 3 What do people wear during a triathlon?
- 4 Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
- 5 How does a tri belt work?
- 6 Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
- 7 Do you wear a bra with a tri suit?
- 8 Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
- 9 Is a sprint triathlon hard?
- 10 What’s a good time for a sprint triathlon?
- 11 Can you wear a shorty wetsuit for a triathlon?
- 12 Do you swim in a tri suit?
- 13 What do females wear for a triathlon?
- 14 How do you pick a tri suit?
What should I bring to a sprint triathlon?
The Must-Have Triathlon List:
- Wear your triathlon clothing and shoes. For many, we simply recommend wearing your tri shorts and your tri top or shirt to the race.
- Bike. This might seem obvious, but people have forgotten bikes before.
- Bike Carrier.
- Bike Shoes.
- Swim Goggles.
- Wetsuit, if needed.
- Bike helmet.
Should I wear a wetsuit for a sprint triathlon?
So, to sum it up, for a short swim of a super sprint or sprint triathlon, the time savings of wearing a wetsuit can be negligible. It is really a toss-up to how you feel on race morning and what you have trained for.
What do people wear during a triathlon?
Anything that is comfortable and keeps you covered in transition works well. Once you start racing consistently, a typical race ‘kit’ would include a singlet (tri top) and triathlon shorts, or a one-piece tri suit. Triathlon racing attire is designed for speed, flexibility and comfort in all three disciplines.
Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
While you won’t need socks for swimming, you’ll likely want to keep your feet dry and comfortable through the cycling and running legs of your triathlon. In fact, even the professionals had to work their way up to wearing no socks for their races.
How does a tri belt work?
A triathlon belt is a race bib number holder that is worn during races in order to hold your race number. The point of wearing a triathlon belt is so that you do not have to pin your race number onto your trisuit thereby poking holes into the material and potentially ruining a piece of kit you paid a lot of money for.
Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
On to the matter at hand – yes, some triathletes do, in fact, pee on their bikes. If it’s not obvious, triathletes pee while riding their bike so they don’t have to stop – saving precious time for competitive races.
Do you wear a bra with a tri suit?
The answer is no. You should not wear underwear (except a sports bra ) under your trisuit in a race. Our female-specific triathlon chamois is made to be comfortable against your skin and to protect you from chafing and discomfort on the bike, and is thin and light enough to be comfortable on the run.
Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
Clothing for a Triathlon You can opt to change into clothes specific to each leg of the race —or not. Some triathletes choose to do the whole race in a swimsuit for quicker transitions. Other swimmers simply pull on a pair of shorts before jumping on their bike.
Is a sprint triathlon hard?
The Run. Running may be what comes most naturally, but as the last leg in a triathlon, it often feels like the hardest part. Your body is already tired at this point, but if you trained correctly you’ll be able to cross the finish line successfully.
What’s a good time for a sprint triathlon?
1 hour for the bike leg, and up to 30 minutes to complete the run. The average triathlete looking for a good average sprint triathlon time would expect a finishing time of 1 hour 15 minutes.
Can you wear a shorty wetsuit for a triathlon?
So, in the UK the vast majority of open water swims and triathlon events will allow wetsuit use. You may wear a wetsuit if the temperature is 79 (26°C) degrees to 84 (28.9°C) degrees but you won’t be eligible for awards. Anything 85 (29.5°C) degrees or over, no wetsuits are allowed.
Do you swim in a tri suit?
In a triathlon you want to wear what is called a triathlon suit or a triathlon kit (a top/bottom combo) designed to be worn in the swim, the bike, and finally the run. In other words, you do not take it off! With the exception of the wetsuit (if needed), you need not put on any other piece of clothing.
What do females wear for a triathlon?
It should be an athletic suit that is tight fitting with no frills (for safety purposes). Women often wear a sports bra and spandex shorts in the water. Then you can toss a bike shirt on after the swim.
How do you pick a tri suit?
How to Choose a Tri Suit
- Ensure it has a good level of padding in the posterior region.
- A quick drying suit is very important.
- Make sure your suit offers good UV protection.
- Pick a tri suit with pockets or a pouch.
- Look for a suit that is seamless or has flatlock seams to minimise chafing.