- 1 What does lapped mean in triathlon?
- 2 What does DNF mean in triathlon?
- 3 What does Wu MS and CD mean?
- 4 What does PC mean in Ironman?
- 5 What does DNF mean in swimming?
- 6 What happens when you DNF?
- 7 What are the distances in Olympic triathlon?
- 8 What does RSD mean in running?
- 9 What does CD mean for running?
- 10 What does MS mean in training?
- 11 Can you use Form goggles in Ironman?
- 12 How many miles is a full Ironman?
- 13 Can you do Ironman as a team?
What does lapped mean in triathlon?
The Olympic triathlon run course was 8 loops of the same course. So getting lapped means someone ahead of you passed you again.
What does DNF mean in triathlon?
DNF (“ did not finish ”) is perhaps the ickiest phrase in triathlon.
What does Wu MS and CD mean?
Most workouts won’t simply say “swim for 60 minutes” and send you on your way to float aimlessly. Instead, you’ll likely see something more like this: WU: 200m easy, 200m moderate. MS: 5x (50m hard/:20 rest), 300m easy, 5x (25 pull/50 free), 5x (25 kick/50 free) CD: 300m easy.
What does PC mean in Ironman?
1. Contact the race directors of races you are interested in! Being a physically challenged (PC) triathlete is difficult, shoot, being a triathlete is difficult on its own! There are significantly more logistics that PC athletes need to plan for in order to have a successful race.
What does DNF mean in swimming?
DNF usually means Did Not Finish. But DNF occasionally also means Did Not Fail or Did Not Freestyle. Compared to the significant number of successful swims in contemporary times relative to the 20th century, DNFs seem to be only occasionally publicly shared. “People can learn from swimmers who DNF’ed.
What happens when you DNF?
So if you missed the official time cutoffs (even if you crossed the finish-line), walked off the course, were pulled for whatever reason by race officials, this is considered a “DNF.” This happens especially with time-trial swim starts or rolling starts.
What are the distances in Olympic triathlon?
Events are conducted over a variety of distances but the ‘Olympic distance’ for men and women is a 1,500-metre swim, 40km bike ride and 10km run. The race is completed with no breaks from start to finish.
What does RSD mean in running?
RSD – ” Running System Debug ” by AcronymsAndSlang.com.
What does CD mean for running?
The cd command, also known as chdir (change directory), is a command-line shell command used to change the current working directory in various operating systems. It can be used in shell scripts and batch files.
What does MS mean in training?
MS. Main Set. The MS is the body of the workout – the primary focus of the workout.
Can you use Form goggles in Ironman?
We designed the goggles to enhance your training and they are not meant to be used in competitions. The goggles are not FINA approved but they may be usable during open water or triathlon races – we recommend checking with the organizers of the race you are participating in.
How many miles is a full Ironman?
Full Ironman Triathlon Each year, over 96,000 athletes register to compete in Ironman races, representing over 90 countries, regions and territories. This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
Can you do Ironman as a team?
Team Challenge is proud to now offer a relay option for the IRONMAN® 70.3 events.