- 1 What is a college triathlon?
- 2 What is the triathlon season?
- 3 Is triathlon a NCAA sport?
- 4 How do you train for a triathlon in college?
- 5 What distance is a triathlon?
- 6 How many triathlons should I do in a season?
- 7 How long does it take to train for a triathlon?
- 8 Can you get a triathlon scholarship?
- 9 What colleges have women’s triathlon?
- 10 What does a triathlon consist of?
What is a college triathlon?
The college (or collegiate) triathlon distance is the Olympic standard triathlon distance. The format is a continuous multisport race made up of three events held sequentially – a swim, followed by a bike ride, followed by a run.
What is the triathlon season?
In the northern hemisphere, we typically consider race season to be May through October, but it’s important to realize that you can gain valuable fitness and experience by racing outside of this time too, which will translate into better performance in the heart of the season.
Is triathlon a NCAA sport?
Triathlon is an NCAA emerging sport for women and is an equivalency sport which means athletic scholarships can be split into partial awards in any proportion up to the maximum allowed.
How do you train for a triathlon in college?
Triathlon Training in College
- Plan out each day.
- Plan your classes with your training schedule in mind.
- Take a PE class in one of the disciplines.
- Get in a workout between classes, when you have that awkward space.
- Combine workouts and socializing.
- Combine workouts and studying.
- Bike to class.
What distance is a triathlon?
On average, you will swim 1/2 mile (750 meters), bike for 12.4 miles (20K), and run for 3.1 miles (5K). Depending on your fitness level, course conditions, and the weather on race day, you can expect to complete these three legs in about 1.5 hours.
How many triathlons should I do in a season?
It’s best if you can end your first triathlon season eager for more instead of feeling tired, injured or burned out. Because I want athletes eager for more after that first season of racing, I suggest doing one to three races.
How long does it take to train for a triathlon?
Most people can go from fit to triathlete in six short weeks. If you are starting from couch potato, you’ll need to spend a few months building your fitness — three days a week of running, swimming or cycling — before starting your six-week triathlon training plan.
Can you get a triathlon scholarship?
Are there scholarships available in triathlon? Yes! On the women’s side teams in both NCAA divison 1 and division 2 have 4.5 scholarships available to distribute among its athletes and a lot of teams have these funds available.
What colleges have women’s triathlon?
Here’s a list of the Women’s Collegiate Triathlon Programs:
- NCAA Division I (9) Arizona State University (Tempe, Ariz.) Delaware State University (Dover, Del.)
- NCAA Division II (15) American International College (Springfield, Mass.)
- NCAA Division III (13) Alvernia University (Reading, Pa.)
What does a triathlon consist of?
The three typical components of triathlon: swimming, cycling, and running. A triathlon is an endurance multisport race consisting of swimming, cycling, and running over various distances.