- 1 What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- 2 What is a triathlon transition bag?
- 3 What is a special needs bag in triathlon?
- 4 Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
- 5 Do you change clothes in an Ironman?
- 6 Do triathletes change clothes during the race?
- 7 Do I need a triathlon race belt?
- 8 How does a tri belt work?
- 9 What should I pack for an Ironman?
- 10 What bike should I get for an Ironman?
What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- Tri kit. Triathlon race apparel dries quickly after the swim, and the light chamois (pad) provides protection from the bike saddle without scrunching up like a diaper during the run.
- Race belt.
- „Body lube.
- „Transition bag.
- „Race cap.
What is a triathlon transition bag?
Triathlon bags, or transition packs as they are sometimes known, are a piece of triathlon gear that is not necessarily essential but can make life much easier if you begin to get somewhat serious about doing more triathlons. Triathlon bags are basically backpacks or gear bags built especially for triathlon.
What is a special needs bag in triathlon?
A special needs bag is used in full Ironman triathlon races (140.6 miles). It is similar to a transition bag but it only contains something you want to use on the course rather than in transition. There are two special needs bags – one at the midpoint on the bike course and one at the midpoint on the run course.
Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
While you won’t need socks for swimming, you’ll likely want to keep your feet dry and comfortable through the cycling and running legs of your triathlon. In fact, even the professionals had to work their way up to wearing no socks for their races.
Do you change clothes in an Ironman?
In short-distance triathlons, the vast majority of triathletes are wearing a triathlon suit from start to finish. For longer events, such as an Ironman, triathletes who prioritize comfort over time will change clothes after each sport.
Do triathletes change clothes during the race?
You will be changing out of some clothes or triathlon gear on race day. Typically most athletes wear a tri suit which reduces the amount of and time to change. You will typically make these changes in transition.
Do I need a triathlon race belt?
During the race you will normally need to wear a race number so a number belt can be really useful as you will need to change the position of the race number during each stage. Usually on your back for the bike stage and on the front for the run stage.
How does a tri belt work?
A triathlon belt is a race bib number holder that is worn during races in order to hold your race number. The point of wearing a triathlon belt is so that you do not have to pin your race number onto your trisuit thereby poking holes into the material and potentially ruining a piece of kit you paid a lot of money for.
What should I pack for an Ironman?
- Warm clothes for race morning.
- Tri shorts and top, speedsuit, or tri suit.
- 2 sets of goggles (one tinted and one lighter pair)
- Old pair of sandals or socks.
- Wetsuit or swimskin.
- Body glide or lube.
- Old shirt or towel.
- Waterproof sunscreen.
What bike should I get for an Ironman?
Road bikes are comfortable to ride as long as you get the right fit. They handle better and give a rider more confidence. They also give the rider multiple positions on the handlebars, which is important when riding 112 miles in an Ironman.