- 1 Can a wetsuit be repaired?
- 2 What is the best wetsuit repair glue?
- 3 How do I fix my wetsuit Nicks?
- 4 How do you fix a tear in your neoprene?
- 5 How long does a wetsuit last?
- 6 What is the best glue for neoprene?
- 7 Can you use superglue on a wetsuit?
- 8 How do you glue a wetsuit seam?
- 9 Can I cut wetsuit legs?
- 10 How do you wash a wetsuit?
- 11 Can you use Aquaseal on neoprene?
Can a wetsuit be repaired?
Wetsuits can easily tear from things like fingernails and small rocks. Small tears (around 1-2 inches long) can be easily repaired at home. Tears bigger than a few inches may require professional repair services.
What is the best wetsuit repair glue?
You can make an easy repair using glue called contact cement specifically made for neoprene wetsuits, and your triathlon wetsuit will be good as new
- BEST: AquaSeal + Neo Neoprene Contact Cement ($7)
- BETTER: O’Neill Wetsuit Neoprene Cement ($20)
- GOOD: Stormsure Neoprene Queen Wetsuit Repair Glue ($10)
How do I fix my wetsuit Nicks?
Apply a thin, even layer of Aquaseal glue to both surfaces. If it is a nick or tear that does not go completely through the neoprene and liner you can carefully fill the nick area with glue. Too much glue will overflow when you press the sides back together, too little and you won’t get a complete seal.
How do you fix a tear in your neoprene?
Use Contact Cement for Incredibly Stretchy Repairs
- Locate all rips in your wetsuit, gloves, booties, etc.
- Apply the Aquaseal NEO onto both sides of the tear.
- Let the cement dry for five minutes.
- Apply a second coat of the adhesive and let dry for 10 minutes.
How long does a wetsuit last?
How long a wetsuit lasts depends largely on how well you take care of it, and the quality of the wetsuit in the first place. On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it.
What is the best glue for neoprene?
3M™ Neoprene High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 1300 is a versatile, solvent based adhesive. It offers high immediate strength and good heat resistance, and is commonly used for bonding most rubber and gasket materials. It is also suitable for large area rubber sheeting applications, bumpers and more.
Can you use superglue on a wetsuit?
I opted for ‘water resistent’ super glue in the garage. Taking a risk, I squeezed a few dabs on the holes, then re-applied one more dab each as some of the first soaked in a bit to the fabric. It dried solid in about 10 minutes – good to go!
How do you glue a wetsuit seam?
Get a tube of black neoprene wetsuit glue online or at your local surf shop. Open up the cut and apply a layer of glue on both sides of the neoprene, leave it to dry for about 10 minutes (unless indicated differently by the glue manufacturer) until the glue becomes tacky.
Can I cut wetsuit legs?
Just use a sharp pair if scissors and cut straight. It’s neoprene so you won’t have fibers fraying like you would a pair of cut off shorts.
How do you wash a wetsuit?
HOW TO CLEAN AND STORE YOUR WETSUIT
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
Can you use Aquaseal on neoprene?
Wetsuit repair is simple and quick with Aquaseal NEO. Previously known as Seal Cement, this black contact cement is formulated to permanently bond with neoprene and other coated materials. With this flexible liquid adhesive, repairing neoprene gear can be done within half an hour.