- 1 What age can you do a triathlon?
- 2 Can kids do triathlons?
- 3 What is a junior triathlon?
- 4 How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
- 5 How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
- 6 Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
- 7 What is the longest triathlon called?
- 8 Can I be a triathlete?
- 9 How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- 10 How do you qualify for Team GB triathlon?
- 11 How old do you have to be to do an Iron Man?
- 12 How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
- 13 What do you wear during a triathlon?
What age can you do a triathlon?
Are there any race restrictions to the event? You must be 17 years old or over, as of the 31st December of the year you are competing, to compete in the main triathlon.
Can kids do triathlons?
Distances vary from race to race, but children’s triathlons are still a step up from, say, a half-mile fun run. Some races let children as young as 3 participate, using swim floats, training wheels or even tricycles.
What is a junior triathlon?
Junior Triathlon ( Kids 5-10 Years Old ) This event is for children 5 to 10 years old who are comfortable with basic running, bicycling, and swimming skills. It is a super opportunity for beginners.
How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run. 12-15 years old – Super Sprint ≤ 500m Swim / 10km bike / 3km run. 15-18 years old – Sprint Distance ≤ 750m Swim / 20km bike / 5km run. 18-23 years old – Olympic Distance ≤ 1500m Swim / 40km bike /10km run.
How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
What is the longest triathlon called?
An ultra-triathlon is a long-distance triathlon. The term generally refers to all triathlon events with a distance that is a multiple of the Ironman Triathlon, which consists of 2.4 miles (3.86 km) of swimming, 112 miles (180.25 km) of cycling, and a full marathon (26.2 mi or 42.2 km) of running.
Can I be a triathlete?
Most people can go from fit to triathlete in six short weeks. If you are starting from couch potato, you’ll need to spend a few months building your fitness — three days a week of running, swimming or cycling — before starting your six-week triathlon training plan.
How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- Training Tips. • Make training fun.
- Week 1. Bike – 20. minutes (Easy.
- Week 2. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 3. Bike – 40. minutes.
- Week 4. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 5. Bike – 20. minutes (Steady Pace) Off Run – 10 minutes (Moderate Pace) Swim – 200m Practice in water starts Bike – 10 Minutes (Easy) Prepare equip Off RACE DAY!
How do you qualify for Team GB triathlon?
In order to qualify you must be a member of Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland or Welsh Triathlon and, you must have either a Core or Ultimate membership which includes the race licence. You must also be a British Citizen. Click here to read more about membership.
How old do you have to be to do an Iron Man?
Blair LaHaye, spokesperson for the World Triathlon Corporation confirmed for me that you must be 18 years-old to enter an Ironman Triathlon. In an e-mail, LaHaye explained that the 18 year requirement is, “our standard age per official rules/regulations in all Ironman events worldwide.”
How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
The TRI for KIDS Triathlon will be held at Rancho Seco Park in Herald, California. The course will have a 50 meter or 150 meter swim, a four mile bike, and a one mile run. Boys and girls aged 11 and over will swim the longer distance, with kids aged 10 and under doing the shorter distance.
What do you wear during a triathlon?
In a triathlon you want to wear what is called a triathlon suit or a triathlon kit (a top/bottom combo) designed to be worn in the swim, the bike, and finally the run. This also means that you need not take any clothing off. You wear your wetsuit (if needed) on top of your triathlon suit/kit.