- 1 What do I need for a sprint triathlon?
- 2 Should I wear a wetsuit for a sprint triathlon?
- 3 What do people wear during a triathlon?
- 4 Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
- 5 Is a sprint triathlon hard?
- 6 Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
- 7 Do you wear a bra with a tri suit?
- 8 Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
- 9 Can I swim in a tri suit?
- 10 How do you pick a tri suit?
- 11 Are triathlon suits worth it?
- 12 What do females wear for a triathlon?
- 13 What is the hardest part of the triathlon?
What do I need for a sprint triathlon?
The Must-Have Triathlon List:
- Wear your triathlon clothing and shoes. For many, we simply recommend wearing your tri shorts and your tri top or shirt to the race.
- Bike. This might seem obvious, but people have forgotten bikes before.
- Bike Carrier.
- Bike Shoes.
- Swim Goggles.
- Wetsuit, if needed.
- Bike helmet.
Should I wear a wetsuit for a sprint triathlon?
So, to sum it up, for a short swim of a super sprint or sprint triathlon, the time savings of wearing a wetsuit can be negligible. It is really a toss-up to how you feel on race morning and what you have trained for.
What do people wear during a triathlon?
Anything that is comfortable and keeps you covered in transition works well. Once you start racing consistently, a typical race ‘kit’ would include a singlet (tri top) and triathlon shorts, or a one-piece tri suit. Triathlon racing attire is designed for speed, flexibility and comfort in all three disciplines.
Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
While you won’t need socks for swimming, you’ll likely want to keep your feet dry and comfortable through the cycling and running legs of your triathlon. In fact, even the professionals had to work their way up to wearing no socks for their races.
Is a sprint triathlon hard?
The Run. Running may be what comes most naturally, but as the last leg in a triathlon, it often feels like the hardest part. Your body is already tired at this point, but if you trained correctly you’ll be able to cross the finish line successfully.
Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
On to the matter at hand – yes, some triathletes do, in fact, pee on their bikes. If it’s not obvious, triathletes pee while riding their bike so they don’t have to stop – saving precious time for competitive races.
Do you wear a bra with a tri suit?
The answer is no. You should not wear underwear (except a sports bra ) under your trisuit in a race. Our female-specific triathlon chamois is made to be comfortable against your skin and to protect you from chafing and discomfort on the bike, and is thin and light enough to be comfortable on the run.
Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
Clothing for a Triathlon You can opt to change into clothes specific to each leg of the race —or not. Some triathletes choose to do the whole race in a swimsuit for quicker transitions. Other swimmers simply pull on a pair of shorts before jumping on their bike.
Can I swim in a tri suit?
For open water swims, the use of a triathlon wetsuit is usually mandatory. Under the wetsuit you would wear the tri suit or tri top & shorts. You may also need a neoprene skull cap, a pair of swim gloves and pair of booties in really cold conditions.
How do you pick a tri suit?
How to Choose a Tri Suit
- Ensure it has a good level of padding in the posterior region.
- A quick drying suit is very important.
- Make sure your suit offers good UV protection.
- Pick a tri suit with pockets or a pouch.
- Look for a suit that is seamless or has flatlock seams to minimise chafing.
Are triathlon suits worth it?
Triathlon suits: Not necessary, but nice-to-have. A good triathlon suit is designed specifically for triathlon, and offers benefits that may help you race faster and be as comfortable as possible. On the downside, triathlon suits can be expensive, and you can easily do triathlons without them.
What do females wear for a triathlon?
It should be an athletic suit that is tight fitting with no frills (for safety purposes). Women often wear a sports bra and spandex shorts in the water. Then you can toss a bike shirt on after the swim.
What is the hardest part of the triathlon?
The hardest part of triathlon is the constant mental game your mind is playing with you. It starts right when you hear the word triathlon for the first time and never stops. Most people fear open water swimming and see that as a barrier to even start triathlon.