How do you remove a Timex watch band?
How to Replace Timex Watch Bands
- Locate the watchband pins on both sides of the watch.
- Remove the pins by positioning a spring bar tool on the slot at the end of the pin.
- Slowly release the pressure on the pin and remove it.
- Remove the watchband from the watch.
- Place one pin in the slot at the end of the new watchband.
What can I use instead of a spring bar tool?
In any case, tape is your friend! Springbar tools are actually something of a modern invention. Previously an old screwdriver (with or without a notch cut into it for the purpose) was used, or even a dulled knife on straps. That said, if you’re going to be in the watch hobby a good springbar is well worth the effort.