- 1 What is a good age to start triathlon?
- 2 Can kids compete in triathlons?
- 3 Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
- 4 How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
- 5 How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
- 6 What is the longest triathlon called?
- 7 How do you train for a triathlon for beginners?
- 8 Can a 14 year old do an Ironman?
- 9 Can a 15 year old do a Ironman?
- 10 Who is the youngest woman to complete an Ironman?
- 11 How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- 12 How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
What is a good age to start triathlon?
Triathlon really is a sport for all ages. Athletes can begin their journey at the age of 8 in the TriStar Start category and continue competing until they are over 80 years old, if they wish!
Can kids compete in triathlons?
First, all kids born in 2011 are eligible to participate (assuming they can swim 100 yards safely; bike 3 miles without training wheels; and run). For example, we will have many kids who are actually 5 on race day. However, they are 6 year-old triathletes because they will turn 6 before the end of the year.
Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run. 12-15 years old – Super Sprint ≤ 500m Swim / 10km bike / 3km run. 15-18 years old – Sprint Distance ≤ 750m Swim / 20km bike / 5km run. 18-23 years old – Olympic Distance ≤ 1500m Swim / 40km bike /10km run.
What is the longest triathlon called?
An ultra-triathlon is a long-distance triathlon. The term generally refers to all triathlon events with a distance that is a multiple of the Ironman Triathlon, which consists of 2.4 miles (3.86 km) of swimming, 112 miles (180.25 km) of cycling, and a full marathon (26.2 mi or 42.2 km) of running.
How do you train for a triathlon for beginners?
If you’re not already going to the gym a few days a week, start your training with four weeks of doing some type of cardiovascular exercise two to three times a week, just to build your base. “As a beginner triathlete starts their training, I suggest doing two swims, two bikes and two runs per week,” says Ms.
Can a 14 year old do an Ironman?
Blair LaHaye, spokesperson for the World Triathlon Corporation confirmed for me that you must be 18 years-old to enter an Ironman Triathlon. The “Ironman” distance is defined as a 2.4 mile (3.8KM) swim, 112 mile (180KM) bike, and 26.2 mile (42KM) run.
Can a 15 year old do a Ironman?
So sure you can race an Olympic distance at the age of 15 and down the line you might even be able to run 6:30’s in an Olympic and low 7’s in an Ironman but if you do things the right way you can create speed and make those Olympic run splits be in the 5:xx mile range and be rocking 6’s in an Ironman.
Who is the youngest woman to complete an Ironman?
Lokelani McMichael (born in Kailua Kona, Hawaii) is an American triathlete, surfer and model. In October 1995, she became the youngest female to finish the Hawaii Ironman.
How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- Training Tips. • Make training fun.
- Week 1. Bike – 20. minutes (Easy.
- Week 2. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 3. Bike – 40. minutes.
- Week 4. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 5. Bike – 20. minutes (Steady Pace) Off Run – 10 minutes (Moderate Pace) Swim – 200m Practice in water starts Bike – 10 Minutes (Easy) Prepare equip Off RACE DAY!
How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
The TRI for KIDS Triathlon will be held at Rancho Seco Park in Herald, California. The course will have a 50 meter or 150 meter swim, a four mile bike, and a one mile run. Boys and girls aged 11 and over will swim the longer distance, with kids aged 10 and under doing the shorter distance.