- 1 How do you change the battery in a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch?
- 2 What kind of battery does a Timex Ironman watch take?
- 3 How do I change the battery in my Timex watch?
- 4 How do you take the back off a stubborn watch?
- 5 How much does it cost to change a watch battery?
- 6 What battery does my watch use?
- 7 Is it easy to change watch battery?
- 8 Does Walmart replace watch batteries?
- 9 Does target replace watch batteries?
- 10 How long do watch batteries last?
- 11 Are all watch batteries the same?
How do you change the battery in a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch?
How to Replace Battery on Timex Ironman Triathlon Watch
- Step 1: Unscrew the four phillips screws on the back of the watch.
- Step 2: Remove the back.
- Step 3: Remove the battery cover screw and lift off the battery cover.
- Step 4: Insert a new battery into the watch.
- Step 5: Reinstall the battery cover.
What kind of battery does a Timex Ironman watch take?
Battery Type The T62962 Ironman Triathlon 8-Lap Shock Resistant Watch uses a CR2016 battery.
How do I change the battery in my Timex watch?
How to Change a Watch Battery
- Remove the watch back. Most modern watches have snap-off back panels, which have small indentations to help you carefully pry off the cover.
- Place the gasket to the side.
- Find and remove the battery.
- Insert the new battery.
- Test your work.
- Replace the gasket and watch back.
How do you take the back off a stubborn watch?
Pour a little acetone (nail varnish remover) into the socket and leave it for a minute or so. Empty out the excess acetone back into the cap of the bottle, attach the socket back on the wrench and give the case back a tap with a rubber mallet or something that will give it a bit of force but not mark it. Job done.
How much does it cost to change a watch battery?
On average, most professionals are going to charge around $5 to $14 to replace a basic watch battery, but this can greatly vary depending on the brand and type. Watches with a water resistant battery can cost $40 to $65, whereas chronograph models can cost as much as $65 to $100.
What battery does my watch use?
The most common lithium coin cell wrist watch battery is the CR1216 battery, but other batteries are used as well, like CR2016, CR2032, CR2025, CR2430, CR1220, CR1620, CR1616, etc. These batteries are commonly used in many small devices, gadgets, and appliances, and getting a new one should not be a problem.
Is it easy to change watch battery?
Having your watch battery replaced by a jeweller might not be particularly expensive, but changing it yourself is cheaper, saves time, and, in many cases, quite an easy process. Follow the simple guide below, and you’ll be able to replace your battery in a few quick and easy minutes.
Does Walmart replace watch batteries?
Even though they do not offer a battery replacement service, Walmart does stock kits for easily replacing watch batteries and removing watch links. Alternatively, you can take your watch to a jeweler or watch-smith.
Does target replace watch batteries?
Most Target stores will not replace watch batteries however selected shops may help replace the battery of watches they sell. Stores such as JCPenney, Zanes Corporation, Fred Meyers Jewelers, and Sterling Jewelers will replace watch batteries in-store. Regular watch battery replacements usually cost around $10.
How long do watch batteries last?
Generally the lifetime of a watch battery is between two and five years. Its longevity depends on the type of watch, its dimensions and the amount of energy required by the different functions.
Are all watch batteries the same?
All watch batteries are not the same. We have 2 basic types, 1.55 volt silver oxide batteries and 3.0 volt lithium batteries. A watch movement takes a specific size and type of battery and they cannot be interchanged. Most of the time we can only tell what battery your watch needs by taking off the back of the watch.