- 1 How do you qualify for NYC Triathlon?
- 2 How long is the NYC Triathlon?
- 3 Where can I train for a triathlon in NYC?
- 4 What is the order of a triathlon?
- 5 Where do they swim in the NYC triathlon?
- 6 What is a good time for triathlon?
- 7 How is triathlon training?
- 8 Where can I swim in Manhattan?
- 9 How far is the Olympic triathlon?
- 10 How much is a triathlon?
How do you qualify for NYC Triathlon?
How To Qualify. There are two unique ways to get to the 2020 Life Time Tri Championship start line: PLACE IN THE TOP 5: Athletes earning a 1st through 5th place finish in any competitive, International distance division within the Life Time Tri Series qualifying season (list below) will earn guaranteed entry.
How long is the NYC Triathlon?
The New York City Triathlon is an Olympic Distance race consisting of a 0.93-mile (1500m) swim in the Hudson River, a 24.8-mile (40k) bike course on Manhattan’s West Side highway followed by a 6.2-mile (10k)run course through Central Park.
Where can I train for a triathlon in NYC?
- Asser Levy Park to East River Park. Swim: Asser Levy Pool (outdoors – summer only, and indoors); alternative: Hamilton Fish Pool (outdoors – summer only)
- Highbridge Park, Washington Heights. Swim: Highbridge Pool (outdoors – summer only)
- Harlem to Central Park.
- Central Park.
What is the order of a triathlon?
Swim. All triathlons follow the same three-component sequence: an open-water swim, followed by a cycling leg (a term commonly used among triathletes to describe each stage of the competition), and ending in a run.
Where do they swim in the NYC triathlon?
Water Quality The historic Hudson River is the swim venue for the New York City Triathlon. The Hudson River is the cleanest it has been in 30 years and is considered bathing and recreation quality.
What is a good time for triathlon?
Age-grouper times: It’s tough to argue what a good time is, as the longer distances depend largely on the race and the individual. However, for the age group 35-39, a good male time is around six hours, with an additional hour on top of that for females.
How is triathlon training?
Our triathlon training plan includes basic workouts to help build your running, swimming and cycling endurance. In a typical brick workout, the bike distance varies, but the run is short. A brick workout helps both your body and mind to practice running through that first miserable mile or two.
Where can I swim in Manhattan?
Keep cool with a day trip to one of NYC’s best swimming pools.
- Asphalt Green. For a small fee of $35, you can swim in Asphalt Green’s pool all day (and even night!)
- Wall Street Bath.
- Aqua Studio.
- Barretto Point Park.
How far is the Olympic triathlon?
Triathlon is an endurance sport that combines swimming, road cycling and distance running, performed in that order. Events are conducted over a variety of distances but the ‘Olympic distance’ for men and women is a 1,500-metre swim, 40km bike ride and 10km run. The race is completed with no breaks from start to finish.
How much is a triathlon?
Olympic Triathlon: Swim 0.93 miles (1.5km), Bike 24.8 miles (40km), Run 6.2 miles (10km) ITU Long Course Triathlon: Swim 1.86 miles (3km), Bike 49.6 miles (80km), Run 12.4 miles (20km)