- 1 How expensive is a triathlon coach?
- 2 Do I need a coach for triathlon?
- 3 How do I find a triathlon coach?
- 4 How much does it cost to train for a triathlon?
- 5 What should I ask a triathlon coach?
- 6 Can you do an Ironman without a coach?
- 7 What makes a good triathlon coach?
- 8 Who is the best triathlon coach?
- 9 How do you become a certified triathlon coach?
- 10 Why is triathlon so expensive?
- 11 Is triathlon an expensive sport?
How expensive is a triathlon coach?
A triathlon coach costs between $130 and $300, depending on the level of interaction the triathlete wants.
Do I need a coach for triathlon?
They should be experts in all things triathlon, including swimming, biking, running, racing, nutrition, strength training, exercise science, kinematics, equipment, etc. Many people learn with trial and error, but having a coach can eliminate a lot of those trials so that you have fewer errors in training and racing.
How do I find a triathlon coach?
If you would like to verify someone’s coaching status, please email [email protected] Coaches, be sure to enter your information in your USA Triathlon membership account to display in the Find a Coach directory. For further instructions, please email [email protected]
How much does it cost to train for a triathlon?
During your first year into triathlon, you can realistically expect to spend around $700. This amount covers all the basic gears you will need before your first race. The second year is actually the most expensive one with a total cost of $5,600, mainly due to a couple of one-time purchases (bike, wetsuit).
What should I ask a triathlon coach?
10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Triathlon Coach
- Where can I read or hear about examples of your past coaching?
- Who is your favorite triathlon coach and why?
- What training technologies do you use and why?
- How will you optimize my training for my goal race?
Can you do an Ironman without a coach?
The short answer is, sure, of course you can train with friends. However, be wary of simply following their workouts. Every athlete has different needs, goals, strengths, and weaknesses. Relying on your friends’ training schedules means the individualization for your specific needs is lost.
What makes a good triathlon coach?
A good coach should be able to instill confidence in the athlete in their racing AND training. A good coach should also be able to inspire athletes to be their best and work hard during all their workouts and races. Find a coach that makes you want to work hard. Someone that inspires you!
Who is the best triathlon coach?
Jamie Turner is widely known as the best triathlon coach, and has recently been appointed head coach by Triathlon Australia’s new High Performance Director Ben Gathercole.
How do you become a certified triathlon coach?
For USA Triathlon Level I Coach Certification, candidates must complete and/or submit the following:
- Completion of the Core Coaching Courses.
- Completion of the USA Triathlon Online Level I Coach Certification Course.
- Green Light (Clear) NCSI Background Check.
- SafeSport Training Certification.
Why is triathlon so expensive?
Most U.S. Ironmans are running $725 these days, before the despised reg fee. So far, that leaves us with this: Traveling to races in the U.S. is expensive because it takes more time and more hotel nights should you venture across the country or up a mountain.
Is triathlon an expensive sport?
Yes, triathlon is an expensive sport, but if you’re smart you can keep your costs down. If it’s your first triathlon, or if you want to just kick the tires on the sport, you can do so for at a relatively cheap cost. Look, don’t let costs keep you out of this amazing sport.