- 1 How do I organize my kids triathlon?
- 2 Can kids compete in triathlons?
- 3 What age is junior triathlon?
- 4 What do you need to start a triathlon?
- 5 How do you organize a school fun run?
- 6 How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
- 7 Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
- 8 How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
- 9 Can I be a triathlete?
- 10 How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- 11 Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
- 12 What kit do I need for a triathlon?
How do I organize my kids triathlon?
Organizing A Kids Triathlon
- Pick A Site and Date. Choose a site for your kids triathlon race.
- Make Some Decisions. Will your triathlon be for older kids?
- Promote It! Use traditional media, school, e-mail lists, or social media to promote your event.
Can kids compete in triathlons?
First, all kids born in 2011 are eligible to participate (assuming they can swim 100 yards safely; bike 3 miles without training wheels; and run). For example, we will have many kids who are actually 5 on race day. However, they are 6 year-old triathletes because they will turn 6 before the end of the year.
What age is junior triathlon?
Junior – Ages 17 to 19.
What do you need to start a triathlon?
Looking for a slight edge on race day, many triathletes search out the newest, fastest, most aerodynamic gear without regard to their bank account.
- Swimsuit. 2 of 15. Any swimsuit will work.
- Goggles. 3 of 15.
- Swim Cap. 4 of 15.
- Towel. 5 of 15.
- Bike. 6 of 15.
- Helmet. 7 of 15.
- Water Bottle. 8 of 15.
- Shirt. 9 of 15.
How do you organize a school fun run?
We have a few tips for you to get you started.
- Pick the event date, time and place.
- Get permissions needed, plan the course and set fundraising goals.
- Make a budget.
- Set fundraising goals and gain sponsors.
- Promote your event.
- Day Of Preparation.
- Clean Up.
How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run. 12-15 years old – Super Sprint ≤ 500m Swim / 10km bike / 3km run. 15-18 years old – Sprint Distance ≤ 750m Swim / 20km bike / 5km run. 18-23 years old – Olympic Distance ≤ 1500m Swim / 40km bike /10km run.
Can I be a triathlete?
Most people can go from fit to triathlete in six short weeks. If you are starting from couch potato, you’ll need to spend a few months building your fitness — three days a week of running, swimming or cycling — before starting your six-week triathlon training plan.
How do you train for a junior triathlon?
- Training Tips. • Make training fun.
- Week 1. Bike – 20. minutes (Easy.
- Week 2. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 3. Bike – 40. minutes.
- Week 4. Bike – 30. minutes.
- Week 5. Bike – 20. minutes (Steady Pace) Off Run – 10 minutes (Moderate Pace) Swim – 200m Practice in water starts Bike – 10 Minutes (Easy) Prepare equip Off RACE DAY!
Should you wear socks in a triathlon?
While you won’t need socks for swimming, you’ll likely want to keep your feet dry and comfortable through the cycling and running legs of your triathlon. In fact, even the professionals had to work their way up to wearing no socks for their races.
What kit do I need for a triathlon?
We’ve put together a brief list of the gear you’ll need for your first ever triathlon.
- #1: A bike.
- #2: A wetsuit.
- #3: Cycle shorts.
- #4: Tri-suit.
- #5: Running shoes.
- #6: Goggles.
- #7: Cycle helmet.
- #8: Water bottle.