- 1 How do you change the battery in a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch?
- 2 Can you replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch?
- 3 What kind of battery does a Timex Ironman watch take?
- 4 How much does it cost to replace a battery in a watch?
- 5 How do you take the back off a stubborn watch?
- 6 Does Walmart replace watch batteries?
- 7 Is it easy to change watch battery?
- 8 What battery does my watch use?
- 9 Do all watches use the same battery?
How do you change the battery in a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch?
How to Replace Battery on Timex Ironman Triathlon Watch
- Step 1: Unscrew the four phillips screws on the back of the watch.
- Step 2: Remove the back.
- Step 3: Remove the battery cover screw and lift off the battery cover.
- Step 4: Insert a new battery into the watch.
- Step 5: Reinstall the battery cover.
Can you replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch?
When your Timex Ironman goes dead, don’t throw it out or send it to a repair shop. Repair shops and replacement watches can get expensive pretty quickly. Replacing the battery yourself can give your watch new life for only a few dollars and a few minutes of time.
What kind of battery does a Timex Ironman watch take?
Battery Type The T62962 Ironman Triathlon 8-Lap Shock Resistant Watch uses a CR2016 battery.
How much does it cost to replace a battery in a watch?
On average, most professionals are going to charge around $5 to $14 to replace a basic watch battery, but this can greatly vary depending on the brand and type. Watches with a water resistant battery can cost $40 to $65, whereas chronograph models can cost as much as $65 to $100.
How do you take the back off a stubborn watch?
Pour a little acetone (nail varnish remover) into the socket and leave it for a minute or so. Empty out the excess acetone back into the cap of the bottle, attach the socket back on the wrench and give the case back a tap with a rubber mallet or something that will give it a bit of force but not mark it. Job done.
Does Walmart replace watch batteries?
Even though they do not offer a battery replacement service, Walmart does stock kits for easily replacing watch batteries and removing watch links. Alternatively, you can take your watch to a jeweler or watch-smith.
Is it easy to change watch battery?
Having your watch battery replaced by a jeweller might not be particularly expensive, but changing it yourself is cheaper, saves time, and, in many cases, quite an easy process. Follow the simple guide below, and you’ll be able to replace your battery in a few quick and easy minutes.
What battery does my watch use?
The most common lithium coin cell wrist watch battery is the CR1216 battery, but other batteries are used as well, like CR2016, CR2032, CR2025, CR2430, CR1220, CR1620, CR1616, etc. These batteries are commonly used in many small devices, gadgets, and appliances, and getting a new one should not be a problem.
Do all watches use the same battery?
All watch batteries are not the same. We have 2 basic types, 1.55 volt silver oxide batteries and 3.0 volt lithium batteries. A watch movement takes a specific size and type of battery and they cannot be interchanged.