- 1 How do you store a wetsuit in a triathlon?
- 2 How do I keep my wetsuit in good condition?
- 3 How long should a triathlon wetsuit last?
- 4 What do you do with a wetsuit after swimming?
- 5 Do you wash a wetsuit?
- 6 Do you need to rinse your wetsuit?
- 7 How often should I wash my wetsuit?
- 8 Is it bad to dry your wetsuit in the sun?
- 9 Can I use detergent on a wetsuit?
- 10 Is chlorine bad for your wetsuit?
- 11 Can you wear a wetsuit all day?
- 12 Do triathlon wetsuits stretch out?
- 13 Is Vaseline good for wetsuits?
- 14 How do I look after my wetsuit?
- 15 How do you wash a wetsuit?
How do you store a wetsuit in a triathlon?
Take your time when putting your wetsuit on
- Rinse well in fresh water after every use.
- Minimise time left in direct sunlight and aim to dry in the shade.
- Dry inside out first and then dry outside.
- Store Inside Out.
- Best kept flat and folded behind the knees and then in half.
How do I keep my wetsuit in good condition?
Take Care of Your Wetsuit
- 1) A thorough freshwater rinse.
- 2) Hang up your wetsuit properly.
- 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry.
- 4) Use some wetsuit shampoo occasionally.
- 5) Banish the stink.
- 6) Slow down when taking your suit off.
How long should a triathlon wetsuit last?
How long a wetsuit lasts is largely dependent on the quality of the product and how you look after it. But a decent triathlon wetsuit from a reputable brand should last anywhere between four and 10 years depending on frequency of use.
What do you do with a wetsuit after swimming?
12 Top Tips for Triathlon Wetsuit Care
- Rinse well in clear fresh water after every use.
- Don’t leave it in direct sunlight to dry
- Dry it inside out first, and then dry the outside.
- Store your wetsuit in a cool, dry place.
- It is best kept flat and folded behind the knees, and then in half.
Do you wash a wetsuit?
If you use your wetsuit frequently and replace it every year then you could use a washing machine to keep it clean, because your wetsuits are not going to last very long anyway. Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash.
Do you need to rinse your wetsuit?
Wetsuits are made with neoprene, and both hot water and salt can cause the neoprene to lose its flexibility. So even if you think your wetsuit “seems” nice and clean after you get changed, rinse it anyway. Leaving it covered in salt water can shorten its life. And make sure you rinse the inside as well as the outside.
How often should I wash my wetsuit?
All this because you didn’t care properly for your wetsuit. There is, however, a very simple way to avoid all that: wash your wetsuit. You don’t even have to do this every time you surf— once a week will do just fine. But you should at least rinse it after each session, you smelly yeast beast.
Is it bad to dry your wetsuit in the sun?
Avoid direct Sunlight After salt water, Sunlight is your wetsuit worst enemy. The UV rays damage the neoprene fibres. Cracks will appear, and the flexibility of your suit will be affected. We understand the sometimes you need a quick dry.
Can I use detergent on a wetsuit?
Keep it clean Sticking your wetsuit in a washing machine will contribute to a suit’s demise. But washing a wetsuit with a delicate dishwashing soap and cold water will not. And it’ll break down the body oils and bacteria, which leads to smelliness, just like laundry detergent.
Is chlorine bad for your wetsuit?
Do not use your wetsuit in pools. The chlorine in a pool as bad for a wetsuit, and will accelerate the process of the wetsuit become old, brittle, and stiff. And realize that even with the rinsing, the chlorine really is not good for the suit.
Can you wear a wetsuit all day?
No, to wetsuits all day, just for certain activities. Otherwise a light life saving vest is used. over a year ago. You normally have to wear your wetsuit when you go into the water.
Do triathlon wetsuits stretch out?
Wetsuits fit Tight. Keep in mind that neoprene stretches when it gets wet, and also stretches with use over time. If you’re in doubt about what size is correct or in between sizes, go with the snugger wetsuit.
Is Vaseline good for wetsuits?
If required in any area (such as wrists or ankles) a lubricant will aid getting the suit off quickly. A lubricant will also benefit any chaffing area. Do not use petroleum based products like vaseline. Ok to use are products such as: baby oil, body glide, vegetable oil, silicone gel.
How do I look after my wetsuit?
HOW TO CLEAN AND STORE YOUR WETSUIT
- Duration: 10 minutes.
- Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
How do you wash a wetsuit?
How to Clean a Wetsuit
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.