- 1 When and where was the first triathlon?
- 2 Where was the first Olympic triathlon held?
- 3 Are there kids triathlons?
- 4 How do I organize my kids triathlon?
- 5 Who was the first triathlete?
- 6 How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
- 7 What is the first event in a triathlon race?
- 8 Is a triathlon the same as an Ironman?
- 9 How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
- 10 How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
- 11 Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
- 12 How do you organize a school fun run?
When and where was the first triathlon?
Modern beginnings. The first modern swim/bike/run event was held at Mission Bay, San Diego, California on September 25, 1974. The race was conceived and directed by two members of the San Diego Track Club, Jack Johnstone and Don Shanahan.
Where was the first Olympic triathlon held?
The first Olympic triathlons were held Sept. 16-17, 2000, in Sydney, Australia. Switzerland’s Brigitte McMahon won the women’s race and Canada’s Simon Whitfield won the men’s race.
Are there kids triathlons?
Every triathlon consists of 4 components – swimming, biking, running and transitions. At all Kids Triathlon events, kids will only race against other kids in their same age group. We will utilize a time trial start in a pool meaning each racer will enter the pool one at a time.
How do I organize my kids triathlon?
Organizing A Kids Triathlon
- Pick A Site and Date. Choose a site for your kids triathlon race.
- Make Some Decisions. Will your triathlon be for older kids?
- Promote It! Use traditional media, school, e-mail lists, or social media to promote your event.
Who was the first triathlete?
The first triathlon event was held on September 25, 1974. Don Shanahan and Jack Johnstone are pioneers in the history of the triathlon. The San Diego Track Club sponsored the event. The triathlon then comprised a 10 km run, 8 km cycle, and 500 m swim.
How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
Not only are transition times mere seconds, but the overall pace is often extremely fast, hovering just above a 5-minute mile run pace. High-caliber professionals will often finish Olympic triathlons in around 2 hours or less, with the men’s record currently at just over 1 hour, 46 minutes.
What is the first event in a triathlon race?
Triathlon events occur in that order – a swim, followed by a cycle ride, followed by a run. Between swim and cycle event, and between cycle event and run, you have the “transition”, triathlon’s “fourth discipline”.
Is a triathlon the same as an Ironman?
All Ironman races are triathlons, but not all triathlons are Ironman races. A Triathlon refers to a race that consists of three disciplines completed back to back; swimming, cycling and running. There are other triathlons that cover the same distances, but these are simply called ‘Iron-distance races’.
How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run.
Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
How do you organize a school fun run?
We have a few tips for you to get you started.
- Pick the event date, time and place.
- Get permissions needed, plan the course and set fundraising goals.
- Make a budget.
- Set fundraising goals and gain sponsors.
- Promote your event.
- Day Of Preparation.
- Clean Up.