- 1 How do you store a wetsuit in a triathlon?
- 2 How should you store a wetsuit?
- 3 Is it OK to fold a wetsuit?
- 4 How long do wetsuits last in storage?
- 5 What do you do with a wetsuit after use?
- 6 Do you wear pants under a wetsuit?
- 7 How do you disinfect a wetsuit?
- 8 How do you break in a wetsuit?
- 9 Can you put a wetsuit in the washing machine?
- 10 How do you store a Oneill wetsuit?
- 11 Can you wash a wetsuit with soap?
- 12 How tight should wetsuit be?
- 13 How do you fold and store a wetsuit?
- 14 Are wetsuit creases bad?
How do you store a wetsuit in a triathlon?
Take your time when putting your wetsuit on
- Rinse well in fresh water after every use.
- Minimise time left in direct sunlight and aim to dry in the shade.
- Dry inside out first and then dry outside.
- Store Inside Out.
- Best kept flat and folded behind the knees and then in half.
How should you store a wetsuit?
The best thing for long term wetsuit storage is to hang your wetsuit correctly, rather than folding it up in a cupboard. To avoid the neoprene creasing over time, don’t store your wetsuit inside out.
Is it OK to fold a wetsuit?
If you need to pack your neoprene wetsuit or drysuit then the first rule is to never fold it. Every time you fold neoprene you create a crease by squeezing the tiny bubbles which not only looks bad but will greatly reduce the warmth in that area of the suit.
How long do wetsuits last in storage?
How long a wetsuit lasts depends largely on how well you take care of it, and the quality of the wetsuit in the first place. On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it.
What do you do with a wetsuit after use?
12 Top Tips for Triathlon Wetsuit Care
- Rinse well in clear fresh water after every use.
- Don’t leave it in direct sunlight to dry
- Dry it inside out first, and then dry the outside.
- Store your wetsuit in a cool, dry place.
- It is best kept flat and folded behind the knees, and then in half.
Do you wear pants under a wetsuit?
Final Thoughts on What to Wear Under a Wetsuit in Cold Water In warmer waters, you can wear underwear with minimal coverage (swimwear, swimming trunks, and the like) or nothing at all. Or if you really prefer not to wear anything under your wet suit, you can just get a thicker wet suit.
How do you disinfect a wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How do you break in a wetsuit?
Roll the suit up your leg slowly, and repeat with the other leg, the torso, and finally the arms. If convenient, jump into the water with the wetsuit and pull the suit on in the water. Whenever the suit sticks, pull it away from your body to allow water to break the seal between the suit and your body.
Can you put a wetsuit in the washing machine?
If you use your wetsuit frequently and replace it every year then you could use a washing machine to keep it clean, because your wetsuits are not going to last very long anyway. Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash.
How do you store a Oneill wetsuit?
Hang to dry and store in a well-ventilated area to avoid mould. Do not store the wetsuit folded, if you can’t hang it you are better to roll than fold it.
Can you wash a wetsuit with soap?
Keep it clean But washing a wetsuit with a delicate dishwashing soap and cold water will not. And it’ll break down the body oils and bacteria, which leads to smelliness, just like laundry detergent. Wash every few weeks or so, and your suit will maintain a fresh scent.
How tight should wetsuit be?
How Should a Wetsuit Fit? In general, a wetsuit should fit snugly, like a second skin but not so tight that your range of motion is limited. The sleeves (if full-length) should fall at the wrist bone and the legs just above the ankle bone, and there should be no gaps, pockets, or rolls of neoprene.
How do you fold and store a wetsuit?
To pack your wetsuit in a bag or to send away, always fold correctly.
- Lie the suit flat on the front side.
- Fold legs back at the knees.
- Fold arms in, over the back.
- Fold the whole top half of the body back over the bottom half.
- As soon as possible, hang the suit back up on a hanger.
Are wetsuit creases bad?
By folding your wetsuit you create pressure points along the creases which, in turn, permanently deform the suit in a way that makes those crease points permanently thin and ineffective at insulating. Don’t fold your suit!