- 1 How much does it cost to get a triathlon coach?
- 2 How do you find a good triathlon coach?
- 3 Do I need a coach for triathlon?
- 4 How much does a triathlon coach cost UK?
- 5 What should I ask a triathlon coach?
- 6 What does a triathlon coach do?
- 7 Can you do an Ironman without a coach?
- 8 Are training Peaks plans worth it?
- 9 Can anyone train for an Ironman?
How much does it cost to get a triathlon coach?
A triathlon coach costs between $130 and $300, depending on the level of interaction the triathlete wants.
How do you find a good triathlon coach?
How to Find the Right Triathlon Coach for You
- Your Training Buddies. If you’ve been training with the same person (or people) for a while, chances are you’ve got a similar approach to training.
- Local Tri Clubs.
- Training Camps.
- Social Media.
- Apps and Platforms.
- Triathlon Coach Credentialing Databases.
Do I need a coach for triathlon?
They should be experts in all things triathlon, including swimming, biking, running, racing, nutrition, strength training, exercise science, kinematics, equipment, etc. Many people learn with trial and error, but having a coach can eliminate a lot of those trials so that you have fewer errors in training and racing.
How much does a triathlon coach cost UK?
Services and fees You can expect to pay anything from £35 for a tailor-made training plan with no physical training back-up, to £200 for unlimited contact and everything in between. A typical single monthly contact is around £60 with email exchanges, with more established coaches now charging £100-120 per month.
What should I ask a triathlon coach?
10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Triathlon Coach
- Where can I read or hear about examples of your past coaching?
- Who is your favorite triathlon coach and why?
- What training technologies do you use and why?
- How will you optimize my training for my goal race?
What does a triathlon coach do?
Having a coach is about helping you train wisely and being there to give you the best experience possible in your triathlon journey. They guide you in what to do in your training. A coach is your accountability to help keep you on track with it.
Can you do an Ironman without a coach?
Regardless of whether or not you have prior experience in the sport, jumping up to IRONMAN distance is a huge undertaking. In order to have a successful first IRONMAN, it may be wise to consider hiring a triathlon coach with IRONMAN experience.
Are training Peaks plans worth it?
Yes, it’s worth it. Allows you to plan/enter future training and cycles etc, you can buy training plans and load in and move around the workouts to suit which you can’t do in free membership etc. Plus many other useful things.
Can anyone train for an Ironman?
THEY CAN! Ironman combines the three disciplines of Swim, Bike, Run. Many more compete in the Ironman 70.3 (Half Ironman) which is just as big of a life time achievement in itself as well as a fantastic milestone on the road to full distance. You don’t need a TT bike, your normal road bike will be fine.